Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How should we inform packagers about new upstreamversions?
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 15:40:51 +0100
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:45:44PM +0100, Krzysztof Kotlenga wrote:
Vincent Untz <vuntz@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Personally, I think Bugzilla is the best place to report it.
It also makes it much easier to track the status.

I think another approach would make sense: users could report it on
software.opensuse.org since that's where they look for software.

Then we just need a way to mail the relevant packagers about this "new
upstream" report.

+1

Good example:
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/
http://www.archlinux.org/packages/flaghelp/

That is a very good example, I likt it. Thank you for sharing it!

Posting bugs in bugzilla is too much work.

Indeed.

It's good to hide behind, but that's all.

(But we should also work on a connection between the build service and
the bug tracker, as they are completely separate right now.)

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development
  • No further messages