Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Scripting encryption (little bit offtopic)
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 12:53:51 +0100
On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 05:40:41PM +0100, Dirk Stoecker wrote:
sorry for asking that question here, but I have no better place.

I need an encrypted backup file. I used gpg to make this file. As gpg for

I'd recommend to use public key encryption :-)

idiotic reasons does not allow passwords in commandline (I know, I must be
protected against myself) I used expect to do this job. This failed for
openSUSE 10.3 due to the pinentry program changes. Now I adapted the code
and it works from a normal shell opened in KDE. Still I get no result,
when run as cron job.

Can anyone help me. I know I need not ask gpg guys, as they will tell me,
what I do is evil.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Research & Development