Re: [opensuse-buildservice] ANN: Yet Another Build Service Client
  • From: James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:22:06 -0400
On February 29, 2008, Klaas Freitag wrote:
On Donnerstag, 28. Februar 2008, Adrian Schröter wrote:
On Thursday 28 February 2008 20:38:57 wrote James Oakley:
I have written a build service client using PyQt4 and Osc.

That's really cool :)

Thanks. :-)

I think it is really usefull and it probably can be grown in many
directions. For possible enhancements in direction of asynchronous
requesting it should be choosen wisely if osc also could benefit from it
and thus if that should be implemented in the osc base clases.

I plan on reimplementing the calls to do this. I'll make them behave like they
do now by default, to make potential inclusion in osc easier.

I have no code yet - because I do not know python yet. That's why I really
appreciate that there actually is even more code now to learn :)

Don't learn from this code, unless you're looking for poorly documented PyQt
code. :-) Qt itself isn't very pythonic, so there is a lot of Python that you
won't typically see in PyQt apps.

--
James Oakley
jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx