Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Questions about a .spec file to compile a patched kernel
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:20:47 +0100
On Tuesday 19 February 2008 16:30:46 wrote Michal Marek:
doiggl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello all,
I have a wish to put up into the opensuse build service a rpm (factory)
build of the following application, but I am stuck on constructing a good
.spec file which will apply the patch to the kernel source ,and then
compile it into an installable rpm, and I was wondering if you could help
me with this please.
It will be a steep learning curve for me as I am new to all this.

If you're new to the buildservice and rpm building, then I suggest you
try packaging some simple program first.

You might also want to read some tutorials on the topic:
http://en.opensuse.org/SUSE_Build_Tutorial
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial

The kernel is a bit different than other packages here, but actually quite
simple, if you know how to ;)

Have a look into the home:janblunck:kernel project for a good example of using
kernel-source and applying an additional patch.

bye
adrian