[opensuse-buildservice] Re: [Research] shmget in OBS fails
  • From: "Dr. Peter Poeml" <poeml@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 11:21:31 +0100
On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:46:19PM +0100, Kurt Garloff wrote:
Hi,

please point me to another list if I should ask elsewhere ...

best at opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I have built mpich2 in openSUSE BuildService.
It required me to disable a configure test for shmget() -- it fails
in OBS whereas it succeeds in a local abuild.
Is this a known problem? By design? ... ?

Thanks,
--
Kurt Garloff, VP Global Opportunities -- OPS PM, Novell Inc.

Some time ago, like last year, I saw a number of failures in the
testsuite of the apr library which also uses shared memory functions
Those problems disappeared over time (presumably with later Xen
versions).

However, checking again, I see that a test called "testshm" still fails
right now, in fact.

Sounds like a similar problem.

Peter

SUSE LINUX Products GmbH