Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Import new GPG keys in smart
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:19:01 +0100
On Thursday 24 January 2008 10:03:33 wrote Werner Flamme:
Bernhard Walle [24.01.2008 08:07]:
* Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> [2008-01-23 23:18]:
On Wednesday 23 January 2008 22:30:29 wrote Bernhard Walle:
Hello,

Everybody who uses the smart package manager may have been recognised
that the new GPG build keys are not on keyservers, so the installation
fails.

Correct :-( The attempt to install with YaST also fails when you do not
click OK for each and every single new key :-(

sure, when you do not trust the repository, YaST protects you from installing
from it. That is a must have ...

I wrote a script that fetches all GPG keys of all repositories that
are currently in the smart configuration and imports them into rpm:

http://www.bwalle.de/programme/scripts/smart_fetch_keys_buildservice

I thought it may also be useful for other people ...

I would like to add that there is no guarantee that the keys from the
key server are the correct ones, you need to check this on your own.

Downloading from

http://download.opensuse.org/repostories/.../repodata/repodata.xml.key

!?!?! What does the script?

Found repo http://software.opensuse.org/download/Base:/install/standard
Found repo http://software.opensuse.org/download/Base:/build/standard
Importing key 5D053B4F
Key 5D053B4F already there

And the other about 100 channels I defined in smart are not handled :-(
Yesterday, it took me about an hour to handle the keys in YaST's
sw_single module...

An hour ? You have indeed 100 OBS channels subscribed ?

I can hardly imagine a usecase for this ...