Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Availability of config.log
  • From: Michal Marek <mmarek@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 09:34:54 +0100
Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

on Freitag, 21. Dezember 2007, Carsten Schoene wrote:
%configure || cat config.log

in your .spec file and the output will be printed to the output log

Right, but I consider this a workaround.

Agreed.

The better solution would be to enhance %configure - it should
"cat config.log" automatically on failed builds.

I'm afraid that this would make it worse in many cases. A build log
whose last line is "configure: error: gtk2 header files not found" is
pretty easy to understand, the same message hidden among 1500 lines of
debug output isn't.

Perhaps the config.log could be stored somewhere as part of the result,
just like a successful build stores *.rpm :)

Michal