Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Kismet and aircrack-ng
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 10:19:04 +0100
On Monday 26 November 2007 08:44:29 wrote Andreas Schneider:
Eric M. Gearhart wrote:
OK I will delete my aircrack-ng subproject. I don't see Kismet in the
blacklist, so I'll leave that up. Sorry I wasn't aware that there was
even a blacklist, and in America I believe the law states it is illegal
to actually use a device to break into someone's system, not just possess
the device. Now that I think about it I know I have read that Germany has
passed laws that are way more strict though.

Since spring we have a new law here in Germany which adds (in the
definition of the law) ping to the blacklist too ;)

well, this was clarified later, so ping is unlikely affected.

But aircrack seems to be illegal now in germany, so thank you for removing it.

bye
adrian