Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to install the Build Service on a local server?
  • From: Andreas Bauer <abauer@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2007 17:56:11 +0100
On Friday, 9. March 2007 15:35, Jochen Hebbrecht wrote:
> 2007/3/9, Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>:
> > Well, the backend just needs perl ;-)
>
> The backend is indeed running (for a long time now), but the frontend
> ... pff :-). I don't blame you guys, I really blame that stupid distro
> Fedora. I have to convince my collegues we have to switch to SUSE :p

You could try running a svn checkout of frontend/webclient.
Do 'svn co https://forgesvn1.novell.com/svn/opensuse/trunk/buildservice' and
follow the directions in src/README.devel. I didn't look at the file for
quite some time now, but most of it should still be correct.

This way you can run the frontend using the builtin webrick server instead of
lighty/fcgi which is way slower but should work without any additional
dependencies.

Of course, the optimal solution would be to get ruby-fcgi to work with Fedora
Core 6.

Andreas

--
Andreas Bauer - Novell - SUSE Internal Tools