Re: [opensuse-buildservice] OT: How to get path out of autoconf into source
  • From: Dirk Stoecker <opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 18:34:35 +0100 (CET)
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007, andreas.hanke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> > in ac-config.h.in
> >
> > #define localstatedir @localstatedir@
>
> Doesn't work! configure, if run without arguments, will replace it with ${prefix}/var.

It also does not work, as ac-config.h.in is auto generated.

> AM_CPPFLAGS = -DLOCALSTATEDIR="\"$(localstatedir)\""

Works. Thanks.

> and always verify that the package builds correctly even without rpm
> "specialties" like %configure.

Other way round. Works fine for non-rpm, but I have problems with RPM.
Also there is too much old stuff in the configure script which probably
could be solved better and shorter (like the directory problem :-)

I found autoupdate and cleaned some of the old stuff. Lots of stuff still
left to be done.

Ciao