Re: [opensuse-buildservice] debuginfo packages
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:38:25 +0100
On 2007-01-18 12:26:29 +0100, Michael Schroeder wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 11:28:15AM +0100, Dr. Peter Poeml wrote:
> > why do some packages are built with debuginfo and some not?
> >
> > See
> > http://software.opensuse.org/download/openSUSE:/Tools/SUSE_Linux_10.1/i586/
> > for example
> >
> > Is it correct that debuginfo builds are currently not supported in
> > general by the buildservice?
>
> Automatic generation of debuginfo packages (i.e. automatic
> insertion of %debug_package) is currently not supported. We plan
> to make it configurable in the project config.

you should mention that -g was removed from the optflags aswell.

so you need
%debug_package

and
%build
export CFLAGS="%{optflags} -g"
export CXXFLAGS="%{optflags} -g"
%configure

to get usable debuginfo packages.
i still think we should have a project wide, or even per package option
to enable/disable automatic debuginfo packages generation. and i dont
have a problem that it is off per default. Even forcefully disabled for
some project (hello kde;) would be ok for me.

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
openSUSE is good for you