Re: [opensuse-buildservice] preliminary osc patch to add "createpacfromsrcrpm" cmd
  • From: Gernot Hillier <gernot@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:25:55 +0100
Hi!

Am Mittwoch, 20. Dezember 2006 14:15 schrieb Mauricio Teixeira (netmask):
> Em Sáb, 2006-12-16 às 12:32 +0100, Gernot Hillier escreveu:
> > As I needed a quick way to create packages from Source RPMs, I thought
> > about controlling osc from a shell script first. But then, I found the
> > TODO entry -
>
> Nice patch! I already have a bash script to make this conversion, with
> less comands.

Yeah, bash scripting is also nice - if you don't plan to have it
maintained. :)

> Looks like you're converting rpm->cpio in a tmp file then extracting.
> Why not just piping the two commands?
>
> rpm2cpio <file> | cpio -idv

Yeah, that looks like a good idea. Came to my mind after sending the patch,
too. I'll try to integrate it ASAP - perhaps sooner if I get a feedback from
the osc team that my patch might be worth for inclusion. :-)

> With -v you can also get the file list on a 'popen3' like clause (popen3
> is Perl, I don't know if it exists in python) and so you don't need to
> list the dir to guess the spec file name (earning some microsecs).

Hmmm, Python has popen and friends, but I had a lot of problems with them back
in my CapiSuite project (some years ago, though...). So I don't feel like
risking stability for a few CPU cycles yet...

> But it sure looks pretty cool! Congratulations! :)

Thx. :-)

--
Ciao,

Gernot