Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Build synchronization bug?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 10:16:01 +0100
Am Sunday 05 November 2006 08:41 schrieb Steve Beattie:
> I've noticed this a few times now: I'll commit an update to a package
> (via osc if that matters) and then go to the website to watch the build
> progress for that package. If it happens to be a point where the
> buildservice is relatively idle, the package will usually have started
> rebuilding against all of the repositories I've assigned.
>
> On multiple occasions I've gone to view a build log for the package,
> catching it in progress. I'll watch it continue building to completion,
> only to discover at the end that it just rebuilt the *previous* version
> of the package, If I then go back to the package status page, the package
> will have had a new build kicked off for the same repository target;
> returning to the log, it will indeed be a build for the newly committed
> version of this package.
>
> Is this known behavior? Expected behavior? Please let me know if there's
> anything in the above that I need to clarify.

This can happen, when the client is changing something (lets say some
unimportant file) and commits right afterwards, instead of submitting all
other changes before.

However, I think that osc does handle this in the right way already, so it
should not happen using it.

Peter, is this true ?

bye
adrian