Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Moving UFO:AI to games:startegy:turn based
  • From: "Holger Hetterich" <hhetter@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 08:13:23 +0100
"Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Dear Holger, dear all
>
> As we already talked together, we had the Idea to move the game UFO:AI
> to the Games:Strategy:Turn Based directory, where it would perfectly
> fit.
>
> For this I have several questions, especially related to the ufoai- data
> package:
>
> - Can there be a separate repository only for ufoai- data, to avoid it
> to be built for all platforms (like 10.1, 10.0, SLED and so on)? In this
> special Repo of course, nothing else would have to be built. The problem
> with UFO:AI is the excessive amount of data files being pushed to the
> client (160MB!) that should not be duplicated to multiple repos if
> possible (see also discussion in the buildservice- mailinglist about
> this)? Maybe something like games:strategy:turnbased:uniform data
> packages

Not sure if this can be done. Maybe a single project building ufo:ai-data stuff only (for one distribution) could
provide the noarch package to every distribution that is subscribed for that project.

However, I don't like it, as it's not really convenient for the users, they have to subscribe to two channels.

Holger