Re: [opensuse-buildservice] starting to use the bulid-service
  • From: "Jigish Gohil" <jigish.gohil@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 17:44:29 +0530
On 10/4/06, Dominique Leuenberger <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Reply on 04-10-2006 14:50:03 <<<> Hi,
>
> I*m building rpms for the statistics software R (www.r-project.org) for
>
> Suse-Linux since version 7.3 or so and would like to use the
> buildservice in the future. What I couldn*t find in an hour*s work on
> opensuse.org was some "getting started with the buildservice". Most
> probably I just missed a pointer and so would be grateful for a link.

I used this site
(http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service_Tutorial) as a
starter to get known to the system (not to long ago).
And it seems to me the BS is really easy to handle.

Download osc and read its doc.

http://software.opensuse.org/download/openSUSE:/Tools/

BS is as easy as uploading sources, patches and spec, then things just
happen on their own.

Experiment in your home project first.

Good luck!

-J