Re: [opensuse-buildservice] logs from hanging builds?
  • From: Thomas Anders <thomas.anders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:30:24 +0200
Adrian Schröter wrote:
> Am Tuesday 26 September 2006 12:18 schrieb Thomas Anders:
>> We're currently having problems with some of our builds (project
>> net-snmp, package net-snmp-main-snapshot). The builds seem to be hanging
>> at some stage, but in order to be able to fix this, I'd need to see the
>> log. However, "osc log" gives:
>>
>> Error: can't get
>> 'http://api.opensuse.org/result/net-snmp/SuSE_Linux_10.1/net-snmp-main-snap
>> shot/i586/log?nostream=1&start=790382' HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error
>
> This is caused, because I had to manually kill the build jobs, because they
> did run forever. I read somewhere that this issue should be fixed in the
> meantime.

Can we (and should we) set cpu time (or wall clock time) limits? I take
it that packages may have *very* different compile time requirements,
but shouldn't there be a way to prevent hung build jobs from blocking
build hosts "forever"? Can we offer the project maintainer(s) a way to
terminate build jobs themselves?

+Thomas