Re: [opensuse-buildservice] more newby questions: project / package structure?
  • From: Marcus Rueckert <mrueckert@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 12:37:17 +0200
On 2006-09-22 09:18:42 +0200, Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> how are projects and packages structured?
> is it a fixed "one name for the project and then one for the package"
> system, or are further subdirs possible?

they are somewhat possible.

> I wonder about this: recent discussions with rpm experts have shown me
> that merging several spec files into one only creates a horrible
> maintainence hell. also they have compelling arguments, that one rpm for
> all distributions was something they tried for years with lots of work,
> and it never worked well.

it really really depends. the main problems might be:
paths for datadirs/users/init scripts
but those can be easily handled by %if 0%{?dist_version}

i would really appreciate if you could first analyze how big the
differences are. and if you _really_ want those differences.

if it boils down to a few %if ok. if not ... we will see how to solve
your problem. atm the discussions feels a bit academic to me.

just my 2 cents

darix

--
openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux