Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Xgl + Xinerama for Xorg 7 and Buildrequire problem
  • From: Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 10:32:39 +0200
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 01:44:03PM +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> On 8/8/06, Stefan Dirsch <sndirsch@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 11:40:13AM +0530, Jigish Gohil wrote:
> >> I am trying to build Xgl with Xinerama patch.
> >
> >Sounds interesting. Which kind of setup (hardware, driver,
> >mergedfb/traditional Xinerama, resolution) are you using?
> >
> Here http://api.opensuse.org/source/Compiz-Quinn/Xgl/xgl-xinerama.patch
> is the patch that is applied, actually I do not have hardware that can
> work with xinerama, but many users at www.compiz.net are now using
> xinerama enabled Xgl and compiz. You would also need compiz-quinn
> instead of vanilla compiz to use xinerama.

Ok.

> >BTW, since X.Org 7 has been integrated into Factory, there's no need
> >in building packages for xorg7/SUSE_Factory any more.
>
> Does that mean I just apply changes you have made to your Xgl spec
> file and carry on building for Factory as before and have it built for
> Xorg7?

Exactly. BTW, it's not my spec file. It's the one of our xgl package,
which is maintained by David Reveman, the author of Xgl. :-)

Best regards,
Stefan

Public Key available
Stefan Dirsch (Res. & Dev.) SUSE LINUX Products GmbH
Tel: 0911-740 53 0 Maxfeldstraße 5
FAX: 0911-740 53 479 D-90409 Nürnberg
http://www.suse.de Germany