Re: [opensuse-buildservice] %{_mandir} not mapping correctly for 10.1 and factory
  • From: Andreas Schneider <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 16:36:20 +0200
I've looked over your spec file. So I try to explain some things a bit. It's you
package so please use name-version.tar.bz2 so you can use

Source: %{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2

;)

--

# norootforbuild

norootforbuild is missing, I don't think you need root.

--

BuildRequires: pkgconfig gtk2-devel gconf2-devel glib2-devel

It's enough to add only the devel files, cause a devel file requries the
original package :)

--

PreReq: %fillup_prereq
Autoreqprov: on

should be on to check for requirements.

--

%define _prefix /usr

_prefix is /usr by default, so it isn't needed here ;)

If you want another dir than /usr then redefine _prefix. For example:

%define _prefix /opt/gnome
%define _mandir /usr/share/man

You have to redefine _mandir too or it would be /opt/gnome/share/man ...

--

%files
%defattr(-, root, root)

_bindir is _prefix/bin
_datadir is _prefix/share

There are more macros...
_lib
_libdir
_includedir

--

%clean section is missing to clean the buildroot

%clean
%__rm -rf %{buildroot}

--

for make you should use the macro and build on more hosts if possible ;)

%__make %{?jobs:-j %jobs}

--

I've attached the fixed spec file.

Cheers,

-- andreas

Jigish Gohil wrote:
>> - Why on aerth do you add hundreds of parameters to the %setup macro
>> just to
>> work around problems they produce two lines later?
>>
>> Robert
>
> There are many useless things in many of the spec files I am using, as
> I am quite new to this package building I copy/paste things over from
> other spec files and I leave most of the things I dont understand
> untouched, hopefully everything goes well, till something goes wrong.
>
> Would anyone like to to help me clean up the spec files? In the
> process I would surely learn few things.
>
> Thanks
>
> -J

http://www.cynapses.org/ - cybernetic synapses

#
# spec file for package gcompizthemer (Version 0.7)
#
# Copyright (c) 2006 Quinnstorm.
# This file and all modifications and additions to the pristine
# package are under the same license as the package itself.

# norootforbuild

Name: gcompizthemer
BuildRequires: pkgconfig gtk2-devel gconf2-devel glib2-devel
Source: %{name}-%{version}.tar.bz2
BuildRoot: %{_tmppath}/%{name}-%{version}-build

%description
GCompizthemer is a easy to use Compiz theme configuration tool.

Authors:
--------
Quinnstorm

%prep
%setup -q

%build
%configure
%__make %{?jobs:-j %jobs}

%install
%makeinstall

%clean
%__rm -rf %{buildroot}

%files
%defattr(-, root, root)
%doc AUTHORS COPYING INSTALL README NEWS
%{_bindir}/gcompizthemer
%{_mandir}/man1/*
%{_datadir}/pixmaps/gcompizthemer-icon.png
%{_datadir}/applications/gcompizthemer.desktop

%changelog -n gcompizthemer
* Sat Jul 08 2006 cyberorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Removed themes and moved them to new gcompizthemer-themes package
* Tue Jul 04 2006 cyberorg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Initial spec
< Previous Next >