RE: [opensuse-buildservice] installing ipsets on SuSE OS
  • From: "Hung Lin" <hlin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:39:35 -0400
Hi,

I found the reason why I cannot build ipset with SuSE kernel source:

There's a set of SuSE kernel patches (for IPsec) that conflicts with ipset patches:

(from series.conf in SuSE kernel source)

# These patches are from the netfilter team, and
# are required to tag IPsec packets for packet
# filtering purposes.
- patches.suse/netfilter-02-output-hooks
- patches.suse/netfilter-03-input-hooks
- patches.suse/netfilter-04-policy-lookup
- patches.suse/netfilter-05-policy-checks
- patches.suse/netfilter-06-policy-match

I didn't apply the above patches and tried to build ipset again, it worked. It's funny that IPsec and ipset are both from netfilter team but they conflict with each other.

Please let me know if you have any comment. Thanks.

Hung