Dependency question
  • From: Peter Nixon <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 17:03:23 +0300
Hi Guys

I am building a bunch of packages at present (sipxpbx) which have a convoluted
set of dependencies. As it turns out all of the dependencies are provided by
SUSE 10.1, some are missing in 10.0 and many more are missing in 9.3

For example, one set of dependencies is "ruby, rubygems, rake".

Now, given that these are all provided by SUSE 10.1, how can I provide these
packages to SUSE 10.0 and 9.3 users? I could of course take the source rpms
from 10.1, and add them to my project, but that then means to I am providing
a package for 10.1 which already exists..

At a minimum I would like a way to enable/disable build targets per package,
which would make this solution workable.

A more preferable solution (although one that may require a bit more work)
would be the ability to link a SUSE 10.1 package into my project which should
then be transparently built for my other build targets if they don't provide

Is this possible?

Peter Nixon
PGP Key: