Re: BS provides no benefit for me
  • From: Peter Nixon <listuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 15:38:42 +0300
--snip--
> What would make the BS more compelling to me would be to have a ppc
> build target (and providing what I'm missing, above ;)).

I also would be interested in this.

I would also like the possibility to turn different build targets on/off per
package.

> Of course, that's my very personal POV, in the light of building
> packages that are not provided at all on SUSE Linux or that could only
> be built as a crippled subset because of potential legal/patent issues.
> It's a totally different case concerning packages that are already in
> the distribution, that I could co-maintain directly and that are built
> as full-fledged because they're not in the gray legal/patent realm.

I would like to personally thank SUSE for allowing others to use the Build
Service. I have 19 packages (and growing) in there at present and find it
very usefull!

Cheers

--

Peter Nixon