Re: [opensuse-buildservice] kernel builds
  • From: Michael Schroeder <mls@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 18:29:24 +0200
On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 07:44:07PM +0400, Dmitry Mishin wrote:
> is it possible to build SuSE kernels in buildservice?
> I have the following modifications for kernel-bigsmp.spec:
> 23c23
> < Release: 28
> ---
> > Release: 1.1
> ----- building kernel-bigsmp.spec (user abuild)
> chmod: cannot access `/usr/src/packages/SOURCES/make-symsets': No such file or
> directory
> error: Architecture is not included: x86_64
>
> full log may be accessed at home:openvz/kernel/

This error happened because the build started when only a part
of the sources were uploaded.

The current situation is the correct one: The build service
doesn't build a package at all ;-). Unfortunatelly the error
handling is a bit bad, so you don't see the cause of this in
the user interface.

What's going on is this: your sources contain multiple specfiles,
so the build service doesn't know which to use. In this case,
it checks if only one specfile starts with the package name.
If this is the case, it uses this specfile, otherwise (as it is
the case with your package), it is an error and no package gets
built.

To resolve this, you should rename your package to "kernel-source".
To build the kernel flavors, create new packages "kernel-default"
and so on and use the "source link" mechanism to link the
"kernel-source" sources into the kernel-flavor packages.

Cheers,
Michael.

--
Michael Schroeder mls@xxxxxxx