[opensuse-boosters] Work report 4/2010
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 10:46:32 +0100
[RED]

[AMBER]
- Ruby Maintenance SDK: Will bring it up on the ruby-devel list
and ask for help for Darix.
Done that, unfortunately not very much useful feedback yet. I have
to follow up.

- I still don't really love git. Well, well...

[GREEN]
- FOSDEM organsiation tasks
- investigated a bit around features for 11.3
- started to think and discuss about Linuxtag
- Held 'boosting'-Talk at Siemens in front of a around 50 persons
deleveloper group who do Solaris software for power plant, with
maintenance times between 40 and 60 years! It was a very general
talk about free software, the processes and tools used in our
world and the openSUSE Project. Very well received.
- Deployment of Hermes, now running the new version in production.
Hermes talks Twitter now: http://twitter.com/OBSHermes
- Noice around office move, lets see...
- Discussion with Prof. Dr. Riehle about his ideas, unfortunately
not enough time there because of other commitments.
- Submitted a talk for LinuxTag:
openSUSE and Studio - das Jetpack auf dem Weg zum Anwender
"Dieser Vortrag demonstriert an Beispielen wie leicht es mit der
leistungsfähigen Toolschain um dem openSUSE Buildservice und SUSE
Studio ist, ein Softwareprojekt für den Anwender einfach und sicher
zur Verfügung zu stellen."
- Overall seventeen (!) talks where submitted from the SUSE openSUSE
crowd. Very cool - Henne did a good job:
http://en.opensuse.org/LinuxTag_2010
- Discussions around Community Manager, good signs here
- Started to package Hermes, want a package and release for FOSDEM,
doubt that will work, help appreciated.

Plan:
- FOSDEM preparation
- Hermes Release