Re: [opensuse-boosters] Threads in hermes mails
  • From: Klaas Freitag <freitag@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 16:32:47 +0100
Am Montag 21 Dezember 2009 14:18:06 schrieb Vincent Untz:
Hey,

I love hermes mails, but I would love them even more if the mails for
one request where all grouped in a thread.
+1

So here's my completely untested attempt for this (and I'm not sure I'm
still fluent in perl, so there might be some stupid errors). Is there
any way to easily test this kind of things?
No, not really. You have to set up the whole chain locally (which is
easy) and post yourself events using the tool notifyHermes.pl

The patch is cool except the fact that it references on buildservice
specifica, however the Mail module should stay out of references to a
instance of Hermes. You know, Hermes is not ought to be OBS only, and
the only deps on OBS are in Buildservice.pm. I am sure that can be
done as well, such as calling a generic function like tweakRawMailMsg
or such which can than implement instance specifica.

I'd like to think about that in New Year, ok?

But thanks for considering Hermes!

Klaas