Re: [opensuse-autoinstall] Disaster Recovery with autoyast and different hardware - network

Hello,
On Mar 13 09:16 vetter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote (excerpt):
I know there is a setting to preserve network config, but I guess
this is overwritten by the image. So I would have to preserve
/etc/sysconfig/network/en* in the backup-restore-script.sh?

As far as I know (but I am not a sufficient AutoYaST expert to
provide you an authoritative answer) it is basically as follows:

The <software> section is done before all configuration sections.

Reason - from my point of view:
First the files must have been installed, then one can configure
the system (i.e. change some installed configuration files).

This means when you restore your backup in the <software> section,
and have a <networking> section in autoinst.xml, then first your
files from the backup would be restored, and then AutoYaST could
call the YaST network module to set up the network according to
what you specified in the <networking> section which overwrites
certain network configuration files from your restored backup.

Currently I don't know if and how this works together with
<minimal-configuration config:type="boolean">true</minimal-configuration>
and
<second_stage config:type="boolean">false</second_stage>
as described in
https://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Disaster_Recovery#Native_disaster_recovery_with_AutoYaST

I guess those may contradict that AutoYaST calls the YaST network
module to set up the network according to what you specified
in the <networking> section in autoinst.xml.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
--
SUSE LINUX GmbH - GF: Felix Imendoerffer, Jane Smithard, Jennifer Guild,
Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)