Re: [suse-autoinstall] Install Server
  • From: Scott Bahling <sbahling@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 20:49:05 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Greg,

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 13:25 -0600, Greg Pryzby wrote:
> I am using AutoYaST and an Installation Server for SLES 9. I want to offer SLES9 and SLES9SP1.
>
> What is the best way to make SP1?

I assume you mean make a SLES9SP1 install source.

> Install SLES9 again and then add CDs?

This is official way.

> Copy SLES9 to new directory and configure it and then add CDs

You can copy the directory and "Configure" this (new) installation
source. Then add the SP1 CDs by editing the configured source. This is
bit easier than feeding all 9 CDs.

> Start w/ SLES9SP1 CD1 for first CD and go through all 9 CDs?

I am not sure this works. I have tried this and it never worked for me.
I always have start with the SLES9 CDs and then go back and add the SP
CDs as a second step. It is not very intuitive. You cannot check the
"Prompt for additional CDs" during the initial configuration. You have
to do it as a second step.

-Scott