Problem with keyboard selection SLES 9 SP2
  • From: Tim Verhoeven <tim.verhoeven.be@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 17:42:28 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

I'm new to the autoyast deployment system and have to script the
install of a bunch of servers. It has been going pretty well but I'm
got a small issue that I don't understand.

I would like that autoyast sets the keyboard layout to the belgian
format. To configure this I've used the yast autoinstallation module
to create a template at it gives me this in the actual xml file :

<keyboard>
<keymap>belgian</keymap>
</keyboard>

But when I actually use this in my deployment the keyboard remains the
US. I've also checked the /etc/sysconfig/keyboard file on the deployed
system and that also has the Us keyboard configured.

So it this a bug in autoyast ? (I'm using SLES 9 SP2) Or am I using
the wrong keymap identifier for the belgian layout ?

Anyone having the opportunity to test this and let me know if you see
this or not ?

Thank you,
Tim

--