Re: [suse-autoinstall] Keeping partitions (again)
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 14:36:49 +0000 (UTC)

Bjorn Tore Sund wrote:
I've carefully read the autoyast partitioning documentation,I've gone
through the last four months of archives, I've done the y2update thing
from http://www.suse.de/~nashif/autoinstall/y2update/ and have verified
that this is mounted and read - and still I can't get my partitions the
way I want them. "Not enough free space on /dev/hda", alternatively "No
free space" when creating the partition plan.

Current partitions:
/dev/hda1 /boot ext2
/dev/hda2 / reiserfs
/dev/hda3 swap swap
/dev/hda4 /scratch reiserfs

I want to keep /scratch without formatting and smash the other three into
two partitions, / and swap:

This will not work. If you want to repartition a region on the disk, it has be at the end. So you have to keep all partitions to be able to keep scratch unharmed.