Hostnames
  • From: dfroehling <dfroehling@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 12:12:25 +0000 (UTC)
Hello,

I know you discussed this already in may 2002.
But I have a problem.
I need to set the hostname before installation of the packages and can't use DHCP because the hostname will be customer dependent.
A rpm package that will be installed needs to know the correct hostname because it creates a serial number from the hostname.
Entering the IP address at the boot prompt is only the half way...
Is it possible to ask the user during a pre install script to enter a hostname that is stored in an environment variable?
Maybe yast/autoyast could get the name later from this variable?

Thanx in advance,

Dierk

--

// Dierk Froehling