Re: [suse-autoinstall] Platform Questions
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:20:56 +0000 (UTC)

Volker Wiegand wrote:
Hi,

I have two questions, maybe I can get some help here :-)

1.) Can I use AutoYaST for z/Linux in the same way as for Intel?

Theoritically it should work. I have never tested it on z/Linux, however I know that some people did it already.

2.) Assuming I want to target SLES8 z/Linux production servers, can I
use
an 8.2 Pro as the development / repository server? What would I
have
to observe?

Yes you can, actually you can use anything as an installation server. Of course you need to produce a SLES compatable control files. (i.e. Later releases might have new features which are not in SLES...)

Anas

Kind regards
Volker Wiegand