Re: [suse-autoinstall] SuSE-8.2 & autoinstall
  • From: Anas Nashif <nashif@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 19:17:15 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,
A new version with a fixed DTD will be provided soon. Can you please send me the xml file that makes yast2 quit?

Anas

Richard Bos wrote:
Op vrijdag 6 juni 2003 20:53, schreef Mikhail Terekhov:

Hi,

I'm trying to learn autoyast on my up to date SuSE-8.2 box and
currently I'm stuck with the following problems:

You're not the only one! I see similar problems (and just a starter as well), running:
autoyast2-installation-2.7.19-0
autoyast2-2.7.19-0

e.g. I populate the Form "system/general options" and save this into the file /var/lib/autoinstall/repository/general.xml. I check this file with "xmllint --valid --noout general.xml", the file is not valid. Initially due to the incorrect xml location, there after it fails with:

general.xml:14: validity error: Element mode content does not follow the DTD
Expecting (confirm , forceboot , interactive_boot , reboot), got (confirm forceboot reboot )
</mode>

Checking the system.dtd shows that the element interactive_boot must be added (as shows the xmllint error output). After adding this element xmllint is happy.

But, if I now restart yast2 (as user, fill in passwd), select autoinstallation -> file -> open and open the file general.xml, autoyast just quits :(

What might be wrong?

1. When I save my configuration in a file, yast puts wrong path to the
profile.dtd. It puts
<!DOCTYPE profile SYSTEM "/usr/share/autoinstall/profile.dtd">
instead of
<!DOCTYPE profile SYSTEM "/usr/share/autoinstall/dtd/profile.dtd">

If I correct this path then xmllint complains:

my_clone_printer_only.xml:6: validity error: No declaration for attribute
type of element cups_installation <cups_installation
config:type="integer">0</cups_installation> ^
my_clone_printer_only.xml:6: validity error: No declaration for element
cups_installation <cups_installation
config:type="integer">0</cups_installation> ^ my_clone_printer_only.xml:7:
validity error: No declaration for attribute type of element database
<database config:type="symbol">foomatic</database>
^
my_clone_printer_only.xml:7: validity error: No declaration for element
database <database config:type="symbol">foomatic</database>
^
my_clone_printer_only.xml:11: validity error: No declaration for attribute
type of element accepting <accepting config:type="boolean">true</accepting>

2. When I try to clone my system and select to clone only printer settings
and save to a file then yast clones and writes to the file everything -
software, network, printers, e.t.c. But when I select to clone everyting
including software it clones and saves all but software.

Please help. What am I missing there?

Regards,
Mikhail