Antwort: RE: [suse-autoinstall] Antwort: Re: [suse-autoinstall] Autoyast a nd LVM
  • From: Tobias_Mucke@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:02:39 +0000 (UTC)

Not really, because lvm stores it data in the vgda which is located on the
pvs not in the mbr. To delete these you have to execute dd if=/dev/zero
of=/dev/hd*, but this could take a long time depending on space of the
harddisk.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Tobias Mucke

MAN Nutzfahrzeuge AG
Informationssysteme Organisation (I)
Dachauer Straße 667
D-80995 München

Tel.: +49 (0) 89 1580 5269
Internet-Adresse: http://www.man-trucks.com

Voss Stefan
<stefan.voss@itel An: "'suse-autoinstall@xxxxxxxx '" <suse-autoinstall@xxxxxxxx>
lium.com> Kopie:
Thema: RE: [suse-autoinstall] Antwort: Re: [suse-autoinstall] Autoyast a nd LVM
12.06.2003 15:06

Hi,

if pre scripts are executed even before partinioning
maybe one can use

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hdx bs=512 count=2

to wipe out any lvm or raid info from the harddisks

Regards,
Stefan Voss