Re: [suse-autoinstall] Newbie Problem with Video on 8.1 Install
  • From: "Dom Incollingo" <dom_incollingo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 02:20:09 +0000 (UTC)
Thanks very much for the info. Being a newbie, I am a little confused about this process.

How exactly do I boot to the console rather than to X?

In order to manually install the video driver, I assume that I would use Lynx to download the driver, and then install the driver as an RPM or perhaps by extracting it from a tar file. Is there an easier way?

Thanks.