Re: [suse-autoinstall] Can't find
  • From: "Amanda Dahl,(4686)" <amanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:54:04 +0000 (UTC)
Hello,
I've changed my menu.lst to the following and it still cannot find the Installation Source:

\--------BEGIN menu.lst----------

color white/blue black/light-gray
default 0
timeout 8
framebuffer 1

title autoinstall-bootp
bootp
ifconfig --server=192.168.122.160
root (nd)
kernel (nd)/linux install=nfs://192.168.122.160/tftpboot/suse80 server=192.168.122.160 serverdir=/tftpboot autoyast=default
initrd (nd)/initrd

-------------END menu.lst --------\

It finds:
- Both the initrd and linux, which are located in /tftpboot.

It can't seem to find:
-The autoinst.xml, which is located both in /tftpboot and on the floppy.
-The SuSE repository, which is located in /tftpboot/suse80.

My TFTP server is configured to use /tftpboot as the root dir.
The directory /tftpboot is exported, and the NFS server is running. I can mount it elsewhere.

Does anyone have any idea why it cannot find the Installation Source?

Many thanks,
Amanda

Anas Nashif wrote:

* Amanda Dahl,(4686) <amanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Nov 15. 2002 16:08]:

Hello,
I am using the Grub floppy to initiate system boot via bootp & tftpd. It is able to locate and load the kernel, but when it gets to the SuSE Installation Program it tries to locate the infofile and then moves on to a screen where it says "Please make sure that CD number 1 is in your drive!". I have supplied a location for the installation source, but it doesn't seem to be finding it.
I am specifying the locations of everything in the menu.lst on the Grub disk, as my DHCP server setup must remain plain vanilla if possible. Here is what I have for the menu.lst:

color white/blue black/light-gray
default 0
timeout 8
framebuffer 1

title autoinstall-bootp
bootp
tftpserver 192.168.122.160

from the grub manual:
Caution: This command exists only for backward compatibility. Use ifconfig
(see ifconfig) instead.

root (nd)
kernel (nd)/linux install=(nd)/suse80 serverdir=(nd)/suse80 autoyast=(nd)/autoinst.xml

I am not sure whether this is possible. install needs a valid URI, i,e,
install=nfs://192.168.1.1/suse80
Same applies to autoyast.

Anas

initrd (nd)/initrd