Update installserver with latest patches on SuSE 8.1
  • From: Christian Stoltze <Christian.Stoltze@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:10:20 +0000 (UTC)
Hi Rasmus,

> intend. I'm working on a script that does more or less the same as
> your script, and in it I have
>
> NEWEST=`ls -rt $FILES | tail -1`
>
> where $FILES contains a list of all "candidates" for a given
> package. In my situation, care must be taken so that the dates of the
> files are not changed.

I have taken over your idea with the timestamp in my script
gen_latest_patches_81.
Instead of the simple sort

ALL_RPMS="`find * -name '*.rpm' -type f | sort`"

it's better to rely on the timestamp of the rsync server:

ALL_RPMS="`find * -name '*.rpm' \
-type f -printf '%TY%Tm%Td %TH%TM%TS %h/%f\n' |
sort -k '1,2n' | awk '{print $NF}'`"

Now the problem with the version change from e.g. 9 to 10 is solved
and I only have to rely on the files timestamp of the rsync server.

The script is updated and can be found under
http://www.inf.uni-konstanz.de/~stoltze/projekte/autoinstall/suse81/

P.S. I have changed the subject line in order that other people
can faster find the topic.

Thanks, Rasmus for your ideas.
Best Regards
CS
--
Christian Stoltze
Computer Science, University of Constance (Lake Constance/SW-Germany)

< Previous Next >