Re: [opensuse-artwork] Plymouth branding for openSUSE 13.2
  • From: Marcus Moeller <marcus.moeller@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 15:37:32 +0100
Hi all.

As you're without a doubt aware, the fantastic release 13.2 is
approaching fast. The counter, which you so nicely maintain, says '10
days to go'.

Up to this day, though, we DO NOT HAVE a working plymouth branding
package in Factory and/or 13.2.

The theme currently in git is rather broken:
- openSUSE.script references background images, that do not exist, also
the logo is not to be found in git and/or the existing plymouth package

The result is a lot of text passing in front of the user... probably not
what we want, but without immediate action, this is what it will be I'm
afraid.

The 'blank-background*.png' can be easily referenced in the script
though, but I am not sure if those are meant (or even suitable) as
plymouth backgrounds.

Can the artwork team get a branding package together that we can have on
the disks prior to the release (an online-update does not cut it, as the
Live Media are lacking the boot splash as well... and there is no way to
fix this post release).

Thanks for taking care to make this a polished openSUSE release, the way
users learned to rely on the community to provide the top of the top.

Richard has taken care of the plymouth theme. You can see the result on OpenQA: https://openqa.opensuse.org/tests/29979/file/video.ogv

I have tried it on real hardware, and it works fine.

Greets
Marcus

< Previous Next >