Re: [opensuse-arm] A couple of u-boot links

Am 28.03.2016 um 20:21 schrieb Bill Merriam <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I recently ran across an explanation, which I think is now somewhat
dated, on how booting works on Raspberry Pi. I thought others might
find it interesting.

http://dius.com.au/2015/08/19/raspberry-pi-uboot/

I think there are efforts underway to get opensuse running on the new
pine64 boards. I found the source for their u-boot. We will certainly
need that.

https://github.com/longsleep/u-boot-pine64

I have an AArch64 and efi enabled version of u-boot for pine64 in my repo on
github. What's missing is a good idea on how to solve the spl/boot0 mess.

I can't get SPL to run in 64bit mode, only AArch32. But even then it needs a
file called libdram to initialize the memory controller and that file is not
gpl compatible.

The boot0 binary that comes from Allwinner implements what SPL would implement,
but it reads from offsets on the sd card that are insane (~20MB).

If we can somehow resolve either one of the problems, we could build an efi
image today.

Alex

Bill