Re: [opensuse-arm] Support for Wi-Fi and bluetooth on Raspberry Pi 3

Am 25.03.2016 um 17:13 schrieb Freek de Kruijf <freek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Op donderdag 24 maart 2016 14:00:20 schreef Freek de Kruijf:
After installation of the openSUSE Tumbleweed image for the Raspberry Pi 3 I
do not see the Wi-Fi and the Bluetooth devices with the command lsusb. I
found the firmware needs to be updated. Is anybody working on that? I am
also trying to find out what psi-update is doing, but mentioned was it is
for kernel 5.0.

Finally I have a wlan0 device listed on the command "ip a".

I got the command rpi-update running and it shows an up-to-date firmware for
the RPi3, at least for the boot process. I have doubts about the necessity of
running this command.

Further searching I found that two files are missing in /lib/firmware/brcm/
namely brcmfmac43430-sdio.txt and brcmfmac43430-sdio.bin

Awesome, thanks for finding that out!

Do you think you could update the rpi firmware package to include them?

After getting these files in place I now have a wlan0 visible. Using "yast
network" I add a wireless device and specified nl80211 as the driver module.
Further configuring the device now gives me a working Wi-Fi interface.

However getting the bluetooth interface working fails.

Hm, I read about some bug fixes (also with mmc) with newer firmware.