Re: [opensuse-arm] (Untested) RPI3 image - testers wanted
On Thu, 2016-03-03 at 20:18 +0100, Dirk Müller wrote:
Hi,

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/ARM:/Factory:/Contrib:/RaspberryPi2:/Staging/images/

(yeah, I know its the Pi2 path, I was lazy) contains an untested
raspberrypi3 image. I already know that serial is broken, that seems
to be an upstream issue (due to the changed clock frequencies).

I haven't tested it further yet, need to buy some HDMI capable screen
first. Let me know your findings.

Greetings,
Dirk

I have successfully installed this image:

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/ARM:/Factory:/Contrib:/RaspberryPi2/images/openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-raspberrypi3.armv7l-2016.03.09-Build5.2.raw.xz

It has several issues with booting. Uboot issues messages for a while
and eventually comes to a prompt. If I type "boot", it boots up. At
some point I noticed in dmesg a complaint that the first partition was
"dirty" and needed an fsck. It is a FAT filesystem and fsck.fat isn't
installed. I installed "dosfstools" and checked the file system.

One of the uboot messages complained that "usbethaddr" was not set.
Every time it boots it chooses a new MAC address which causes the dhcp
server to give it a new address every time. I set that variable and did
a saveenv. I suppose that is supposed to happen somehow during the
first boot.

There are also messages about variables "bootfile" and "pxeuuid" being
missing. Variable "scan_dev_for_efi" is a script that tries to set
variable "boot_prefixes" but doesn't get it right.

I will read u-boot documentation and try to figure it out but if
somebody fixes it I can move on to something else.

Thanks.
Bill