Re: [opensuse-arm] (Untested) RPI3 image - testers wanted

On 08.03.16 01:55, Alexander Graf wrote:

On 03/03/2016 08:18 PM, Dirk Müller wrote:
Hi,

http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/ARM:/Factory:/Contrib:/RaspberryPi2:/Staging/images/

(yeah, I know its the Pi2 path, I was lazy) contains an untested
raspberrypi3 image. I already know that serial is broken, that seems
to be an upstream issue (due to the changed clock frequencies).

I haven't tested it further yet, need to buy some HDMI capable screen
first. Let me know your findings.

I have a patched u-boot version that can use for serial output if you
like. In a nutshell, the downstream kernel crashes when used with device
tree.

Without device tree, it boots successfully (with start.elf). With device
tree, it crashes the same way on both start.elf and loaded via u-boot.

Below is a kernel log dump. I can't really make sense of it yet. There's
probably code missing to deal with failed allocations. But I don't see
why there would be any at that early stage of the boot.

The current staging image works :). Yay!