Re: [opensuse-arm] RPi2, Tumbleweed and "official" 7" RPi touchscreen
  • From: Guillaume Gardet <guillaume.gardet@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 21:06:03 +0100
Le 09/03/2016 18:02, Freek de Kruijf a écrit :
Op woensdag 9 maart 2016 14:40:58 schreef Alexander Graf:
On 03/09/2016 02:28 PM, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
Op woensdag 9 maart 2016 13:34:40 schreef Alexander Graf:
On 03/09/2016 01:18 PM, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
Op woensdag 9 maart 2016 11:33:54 schreef Freek de Kruijf:
I tried
openSUSE-Tumbleweed-ARM-JeOS-raspberrypi2.armv7l-2016.03.07-Build2.2.ra
w.
xz
like you and it worked.
My setup is RPi 2 with micro SD card of 8 GB, HDMI device connected,
Ethernet cable connected. After applying power I see messages about
booting
from the SD card till booting the initrd. After that the screen is
black
for several minutes. Finally a greeting message appears showing the
version
of Tumbleweed and a login prompt.
I continue by accessing the system via ssh.
I don't know anything about a connected touchscreen.
Indeed there is a problem. A new boot with the generated system does not
succeed. The system is trying to boot from the network.
So it doesn't find the boot.scr file? Does it exist?
Yes it exists in /boot/, which is the ext3 partition. I compared this
build
with the working Build389.1 and I do not see any obvious difference with
what is on the vfat partitions and on the ext3 partitions.
If you have both a working and a non-working image around, could you
please compare the output of "printenv" on the u-boot command line on
both and send the diff?
Hello Alex,

I need more guidance here. I assume printenv needs to given on the RPi2
system. How can I give that command on a system that does not boot.

Could you stop u-boot by pressing 'space' key and then type:
setenv boot_prefixes '/ /boot/'
boot

For an unknown reason on my RPi1 boot_prefixes is defined in u-boot on 1st
boot, but not on 2nd boot. :(
Maybe the same happened here.

Guillaume