Re: [opensuse-arm] Contribute wih OpenSUSE for Raspberry Pi
Am Donnerstag, 12. Dezember 2013, 14:03:14 schrieb Alexander Graf:

On 12.12.2013, at 12:32, Sergio Fernández Cordero
<sergio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello list,

My name is Sergio Fernandez , I am personally interested in helping with
the development
of the image and OpenSuSE repositories for Raspberry Pi , since I have a
project for a
specialized desktop computer based on these two components.

I have seen that there is only unofficial images for Raspberry Pi, by SuSE
decisions.
I've also seen that everything is a bit chaotic and therefore funny :) And
I'd like to participate.

I have several years administering Linux systems , I´m familiar with SuSE
enterprise systems,
and packaged for RPM distributions such as Mandriva and Mageia (and of
course RHEL). Don't know
how SUSE buildsystem works, but come with the intention to learn.

I downloaded an image from Bernhard repository and I launched my Rpi. I've
done some modifications
and configurations and, works well . But I need more integration and
stability and I want collaborate to
do it for everyone.

So where I can start? What to read , where to search ...

The main reason we don't have an official Raspberry PI image today is that
the build fails:

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/devel:ARM:13.1:Contrib:RaspberryPi

The build fails because the kernel we're using inside the build VM doesn't
have proper FAT support. There are 2 things to do here:

btw, I added lately support to run distro kernel and initrd's. So such things
can
be added now in projects.

You may just try to aggregate the (x86_64) kernel package from

home:adrianSuSE kernel-obs-build

package and add the following line prjconf to use that kernel:

VMInstall: kernel-obs-build

Make sure to ExportFilter this also to your arm architecture repos.

shall I try to adapte this project to validate if it works?
--

Adrian Schroeter
email: adrian@xxxxxxx

(AG Nürnberg)