[opensuse-arm] No login with ttyS0 (JeOS for cubieboard)
  • From: Johannes Nohl <johannes.nohl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 02:50:04 +0200
Does someone know what I have to do to get a login on ttyS0? I can see
cubieboard in the serial console booting, from u-boot to kernel,
ending with:

[ OK ] Started D-Bus System Message Bus.
[ OK ] Started Login Service.
[ OK ] Started YaST2 Firstboot.

I tried to utilze systemd by adding serial-getty to the services:

ln -s /usr/lib/systemd/system/serial-getty@.service
/etc/systemd/system/getty.target.wants/serial-getty@ttyS0.service

I used the image from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/devel:/ARM:/12.3:/Contrib:/sunxi/images/.

Additionally I don't get eth0 up, whether on dhcp or static. Therefore
I can't ssh inside. I really need the serial console.

One of u-boot's env parameters is console=ttyS0,115200 (which isn't
needed to see the boot stuff) so I guess the kernel takes this as an
option.

I'm thinking I'm missing stuff here because the underlaying JeOS is
pretty small. Buz e.g. agetty is installed...

Who can help me here?

Johannes