Re: [opensuse-arm] Status of Raspberry Pi for openSUSE
On 05-08-2013 15:55, Roger Whittaker wrote:
On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 03:11:46PM +0100, Andrew Wafaa wrote:

[...]

The main reason is that both physical and human resources are
limited. ARMv6 is used almost solely by the Pi, ARMv5 has
numerous devices, but both are old. ARMv7 is the current
architecture and with a new port it made sense to look at current
and next release of the architecture. So this means ARMv7 and
ARMv8.

[...]

This is understood, but I think maybe from a marketing / mind-share
point of view we have missed a trick here.

Many Raspberry Pi owners are actually new to Linux, and I think
it's a pity that openSUSE is not put in front of them as one of the
alternatives.

I completely understand people's complaints of this decision and it is a valid concern. Problem is we only have a limited pool of resource, openSUSE operates a roll your sleeve up methodology - if you want it bad enough, roll your sleeves up and just do it. There is work already started in supporting the Raspberry Pi, and I'm 100% sure that those involved would be more than happy for all the help they get, and would be willing to help those trying to move the effort forward.