Re: [opensuse-arm] ARM status
On Mon, November 28, 2011 5:02 pm, Joop Boonen wrote:
On Mon, November 28, 2011 10:12 am, Alexander Graf wrote:

On 28.11.2011, at 01:09, Joop Boonen wrote:

On Sun, November 27, 2011 8:35 pm, Alexander Graf wrote:

On 27.11.2011, at 20:17, Tomas Cech wrote:

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 04:53:36PM +0100, Alexander Graf wrote:
Hi guys,

It's time for a small status update. This won't be an extensive
list,
but at least give you an overview of what has happened since the last
time :).

*** We can successfully build ~3500 out of ~4700 Factory packages!
***

I'm still not able to find, where is the right project with armv7l
failing packages, could somebody send link?

This one
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor?commit=Filter%3A&failed=1&pkgname=&repo_armv5el=1&repo_armv7hl=1&repo_images=1&arch_armv5el=1&arch_armv7hl=1&arch_local=1&project=openSUSE%3AFactory%3AARM&defaults=0
(which can be found on http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:ARM) doesn't show
any armv7l packages...

Ah, sorry, I fixed the link on the wiki now :). Basically your portal
any interesting information is at

https://build.opensuse.org/project/show?project=openSUSE:Factory:ARM

Unfortunately Factory is updating so fast that we just haven't
managed
to do a full build of all these shina packages for the last 3 weeks,
so packages you see in the download repository are from 3 weeks ago.
To fetch the newer builds, just run "osc getbinaries ...". Beware of
dragons though :).

If it is worth of effort, I can set up that new Efika MX as OBS
worker
(if someone help me - prusnak or miska probably already have
experience with this). I would just disable it when I'm trying to fix
or test something.

Yes, please :). Adrian probably has a pretty clear idea on what's
required to get this rolling.

So what is still missing from here? Well, these are the pieces I'm
tracking right now:

* Kiwi support (Marcus is on it!)
* Kernel testing and making-it-work [1]

I think/hope that I can help a bit here.

I got the pandaboard kernel reasonably well working now, so if you
could
tackle the i.MX51 one, I would very much appreciate it :).

* Exception handling [1] keeps us from building Java, keeps us from
building most of the other 1200 packages
* hwinfo probably needs some love for ARM
* yast2 could use some love as well :)
* X drivers are probably still missing
* Fixing broken packages, there are still a few that are not broken
because of exception handling :)
And with this hopefully too.

There are a couple of generic broken ones thanks to the recent ncurses
changes in factory. I'm still puzzled why bash doesn't compile anymore
for example - it's definitely related to the curses change.

I assume this is the problem, see buildlog (
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rawlog?arch=armv7l&package=bash&project=openSUSE%3AFactory%3AARM&repository=standard
and
https://build.opensuse.org/package/rawlog?arch=armv5el&package=bash&project=openSUSE%3AFactory%3AARM&repository=armv5el)
:

<armv5el>
checking whether gcc -I/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/bash-4.2
-L/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/bash-4.2/../readline-6.2 needs
-traditional... no
checking for tgetent... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... no
checking for tgetent in -ltinfo... no
checking for tgetent in -lcurses... no
checking for tgetent in -lncurses... yes
checking which library has the termcap functions... using libncurses
</armv5el>

<armv7l>
checking whether gcc -I/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/bash-4.2
-L/home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/bash-4.2/../readline-6.2 needs
-traditional... no
checking for tgetent... no
checking for tgetent in -ltermcap... yes
checking which library has the termcap functions... using libtermcap
</armv7l>

So how about x86_64? That's the one we should really compare to as it's
what works atm :)

I've just checked this (for x86_64).
For openSUSE:Factory it fails, with the same error.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=bash&project=openSUSE%3AFactory
While for Base:System it's fine.
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=bash&project=Base%3ASystem

So it looks like it has been fixed. But it needs to be submitted /
approved in openSUSE:Factory.

I found out that the cause is the ncurses package. The latest version
hasn't been committed to openSUSE:Factory.
I've just sent submit request: 94346

Regards,

Joop.