Re: [opensuse-arm] ARM status
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 11:06:58 +0100
Am Sonntag, 27. November 2011, 20:35:26 schrieb Alexander Graf:
On 27.11.2011, at 20:17, Tomas Cech wrote:
On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 04:53:36PM +0100, Alexander Graf wrote:
Unfortunately Factory is updating so fast that we just haven't managed
to do a full build of all these shina packages for the last 3 weeks,
so packages you see in the download repository are from 3 weeks ago.
To fetch the newer builds, just run "osc getbinaries ...". Beware of
dragons though :).>

We did a full rebuild which took quite some time plus plenty of Factory
submissions.

However, this morning there were only three packages building and non blocked.
Since these three packages seem to be rather dead (being in some endless
loop), I aborted their build job, so a new armv7l repo has been pushed out
now.

The packages which I aborted were:

mono-core
ksh
gcc46-testsuite (Not sure if this was an endless loop)

If it is worth of effort, I can set up that new Efika MX as OBS worker
(if someone help me - prusnak or miska probably already have
experience with this). I would just disable it when I'm trying to fix
or test something.

Yes, please :). Adrian probably has a pretty clear idea on what's required
to get this rolling.

They won't help the .opensuse.org build system, since we don't have a working
xen or kvm working for arm yet.
Check with me on internal channel how to involve them anyway in internal
builds ;)

Thanks to Alex, the crashes when using exceptions are gone. Also gcj is not
directly crashing anymore when building ecj-bootstrap. Unfortunatly it just
hangs in an endless loop now. So we still don't have a working java stack.
This is the major reason for the last ~ 1000 unresolvable (aka unbuildable)
packages.
If someone could dig into that it would be great ...

--
Adrian Schroeter
SUSE Linux Products GmbH