Re: [opensuse-arm] ARM status

On 24.11.2011, at 20:49, Andrew Wafaa <awafaa@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Thu, 2011-11-24 at 19:45 +0100, Alexander Graf wrote:
I have good and bad news here :).

I managed to have a small reproducably failing test case. Every time I
compile this small c++ program on a pandaboard it generates invalid unwind
tables and the program fails executing.

However with the exact same compiler and system binaries executed on a
different machine through qemu-arm, the program compiles properly!

So my guess is that gcc is using uninitialized memory somewhere.
Unfortunately, valgrind is missing some thumb instructions which I have to
report upstream now. But things are progressing...

Have you tried reproducing it on one of the Efikas?

For what purpose? It doesn't depend on the machine type.

What are the
differences between our gcc and that of Linaro's, if that is indeed the
cause?

The Linaro gcc behaves the same depending on the machine, so I'm fairly sure
it's uninitialized memory.

Alex

Regards,

Andy