[opensuse-announce] Invitation to join Election Officials Team
  • From: "Bryen M. Yunashko" <suserocks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2010 05:31:10 -0500
"Run...or Help Run"

First, the Help Run....

Election season in the openSUSE Project is just around the corner. And
this means the firsts step is to organize the Election Officials
committee. The openSUSE Board is inviting members to submit their name
to join the Election Officials committee:

Who may join?:
* Members of the openSUSE Project

How and When?:
* Send an email to board at openSUSE dot org, with the subject line:
“Election Officials Committee”. Deadline to apply for the committee is
November 16. The Board will review and determine the formation of the
committee by November 19. We would like to see at least one past
Election Official participate for consistency.

Duties:
* Review current election rules
* Coordinate and implement election procedures
* Establish relevant dates for the election process.
* Report final decisions of the process to the Board
* Coordinate with the Membership Officials team to ensure all membership
applicants are eligible to vote prior to voting date.
* Announce publicly and widely the dates and call for candidacies.
* Monitor and certify election results.

And now the “Run” part....

2011 will be an important year for the openSUSE Project and the openSUSE
Board will be guiding into a number of significant initiatives including
the openSUSE Foundation, finalization of the openSUSE Strategy, and
ongoing reviews of openSUSE governance. As such, we want you all to
consider the possibility of running for openSUSE Board.

While we obviously don't have exact dates for when candidacy is
beginning, (That's up to the Election Officials) it is never too early
for you to start thinking about it. If you've thought about it and
aren't sure yet, just remember the words of fellow Board Member, Henne
Vogelsang... “Just do it!”

There will be two spots open for the election this year.

So give this some thought. Either run for Board or help run the Board
elections.