[opensuse-announce] openSUSE Core Test Team Established
  • From: Holger Sickenberg <holgi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 13:50:23 +0200
Original source:
http://lizards.opensuse.org/2009/09/11/opensuse-core-test-team-established/

Our call to apply for the openSUSE Core Test Team end of July attract a
great deal of attention. So we got applications from nearly 50 members
out of the openSUSE community, much more than expected.

Caused by that large number of offers to move testing of openSUSE
forward, we decided to increase the number of members for the new
openSUSE Core Test Team from 15 to 25. A number that enables even more
areas to be covered by the openSUSE Core Test Team.

Six weeks later - with the release of Milestone 7 of openSUSE 11.2 - the
team is formed and already started his work to ensure that openSUSE will
also be a rock-solid Linux distro in the future. First discussion about
prioritizing tasks is already started and members of the team are
planing their first real time meeting on IRC.

But everybody that is not (yet) part of the team is also able to take
part in discussions of the openSUSE Core Test Team and contribute. The
communication platform for the new team is the public
opensuse-testing@xxxxxxxxxxxx mailing list (further information at
http://en.opensuse.org/Testing). And of course you don't have to be part
of the Core Test Team to help the openSUSE project with testing of
Milestone 7 and later releases (which are available at
http://software.opensuse.org/developer).

I'm exited to see the team to carry the world before one.